WRHS Turkey Luncheon 2016 - Auxiliary members standing from left to right: Diane Henderson, Sheila Novak, Kathy Kennedy, Kaye McIntyre, Charlotte Lee, Stacy Chadwick, Kira Henderson, Eve Safratowich, Anthony Larson, Robert Kudrna, Matt Shahan, Dennis Kundson, Howard Nelson & Wayne Koltes.
Since 1949 the Hospital Auxiliary (formerly called “hospital guild”) has sponsored numerous fund-raising projects and has supplied financial assistance and service support to the hospital, health clinics, assisted living facility, and long-term care facility.
The first project was the purchase of materials and the sewing of drapes for patient rooms preparing for Community Memorial Hospital’s opening day. The sewing committee was kept very busy making dozens of towels, pot holders, sterilization covers, slippers and other supplies for the hospital. Mrs. Ray Clark was the first president, an office that she held until 1961.
For the last 67 years the group has contributed over $202,675.58. Donations given to various departments in 2016 equaled $6,590.97 including:
- Hospital Library - twelve chairs
- Scholarships - two $500.00 scholarships
- Pediatrics - gift bags for young patients
- Western Horizons Living Center - kitchen supplies & DVD player
- Western Horizons Care Center - standard walker
- Hospital - four commodes & shower chair
- Food & Nutrition -window coverings & wall decor for dining area
If you are interested in a charitable membership, please contact President Peggy Gunther at 567-6422. Five luncheon meetings annually conducted on the fourth Thursday of the month in the hospital classroom from 12:00 - 1:00 PM. Annual dues are $10.00 and we have at least four fundraising activities per year. Harvest from the heart…..volunteerHISTORY - PDF